1. What days of the week do you run?
Answer: In 2021 in the peak summer season we operate the Multnomah Falls & Columbia River Gorge Tour daily, 6 days a week. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays. We ask that you make reservations for this tour.
2. What time do the tours begin each day?
Answer: The tour begins at 9:00 am with centralized hotel pickups beginning at 8:40am. If you chose a pickup location when you made your reservation your voucher should have the pickup time for your chosen location.
3. How much does it cost?
Answer: Adults $44, Children (6-12) $22, Children under 6 are free.
4. Where do I buy my ticket and get on the tour?
Answer: If you have not bought your ticket in advance a ticket agent will board the coach at the Benson to exchange vouchers for ticket at ticket any un-ticketed guests.
5. Is this a narrated tour?
Answer: Yes, in the best of the Gray Line tradition the driver guide will be giving a narrated tour as you travel.
6. How long is the tour?
Answer: The tour is a scheduled 3 hours long. Sometimes traffic congestion or a draw bridge may add 15 minutes or more to that schedule.
7. Where does the tour stop and for how long?
Answer: The tour includes driver guide narration and four varied stops that capture Columbia River Gorge views, waterfalls and the dramatic Bonneville Dam and Waterway.
- Stop 1: Multnomah Falls and Lodge – a dramatic multi-tiered water fall that is world famous for its views, walkways and Depression era Lodge – approximately 25 minutes.
- Stop 2: Latourell Falls – If coach parking is available the tour will make a short stop at Latourell Falls.
- Stop 3: Crown Point with its Vista House – a world class view of the Columbia River Gorge – approximately 20 minutes.
8. How long are the trails to the various sights and what is their condition?
- Stop 1: Multnomah Falls and Lodge – The Lodge and lower falls are wheelchair accessible from the bus parking area with paved walkways. The Lodge is approximately 200 feet from the coach parking area with the lower falls viewing area another 300 feet beyond the Lodge. The falls are easily visible from the Lodge so the additional 300 foot walk is not required to view the falls.
- Stop 2: Latourell Falls – The driver guide will accompany you to the Falls is he/she can leave the coach.
- Stop 3: Crown Point with its Vista House – Adjacent to the bus parking area and all walking areas are paved. Vista House has some stairwells to the interpretative center and restrooms but an elevator is available.
9. Are there restrooms at the stops and on board the coach?
Answer: There are nice public restrooms at two stops on the tour and if needed there is a restroom on the coach.
10. Is there a handicapped wheelchair lift available?
Answer: With 48 hours notice we can provide a coach that is equipped with a wheelchair lift. Please provide us with this notice if a wheelchair lift is required.
11. Are tours ever cancelled because of inclement weather or for any other reason?
Answer: Tours will not be cancelled due to rain. Tours may be cancelled if there are no reservations by 9 PM the evening before.
12. I am staying downtown and your new location is a little far for me to walk. What are my alternatives?
Answer: See the answer to #14 below.
13. I am staying near the Convention Center, and I want to start get to the departure point for the tour. How do I get to and from there?
Answer: The best alternative is to ride the TriMet Light Rail MAX train from near the Convention Center to the Pioneer Courthouse stop and walk south 3 blocks to the Heathman or north 3 blocks to the Benson.
14. I am driving to Portland, how do I get to where I can buy tickets?
Answer: We have four centralized hotel pickup locations in the greater downtown area. They are as follows:
8:40am – Depart from Marriott Portland Downtown Waterfront – 5 SW Clay – This stop in a short walking distance from the following hotels: Hyatt House, Riverplace Hotel, Marriott Residence Inn @ Riverplace
8:50am – Depart from the Benson – 309 SW Broadway – In front of the Benson Hotel (Actual pickup location is on SW Oak Street at 710 SW Oak). This stop in a short walking distance from the following hotels: Marriott Courtyard City Center, Marriott City Center, Dossier, Woodlark, Sentinel, Lucia, Vintage, Mark Spencer
8:55 am – Depart from the Canopy Hotel – 425 NW 9th – This stop is a short walking distance from the following hotels: Marriott Residence Inn, Hampton Hotel
9:00am – Depart from the Heathman – 1005 SW Broadway – In front of the Heathman Hotel – This stop in a short walking distance from the following hotels: Hilton, Paramount, Duniway, Nines, Zag, Deluxe, A.C., Red (Radisson)
If you have not purchased tickets online and there is room on the tour , a ticket agent will board the coach at the Benson to handle ticketing.
15. Where do I park in downtown Portland?
Answer: The nearest parking lot to the Benson is a City Center Parking structure just down SW Oak at 650 SW Oak Street. It is a one half of block walk to the Benson boarding point at 710 SW Broadway. The rates are $5.00 for the first hour with a maximum of $16 for the day. The most reasonable parking in downtown is at the City owned Smart Parks. The nearest Smart Park to the Benson Hotel is at 10th and SW Yamhill about 5 blocks from the Benson. The rates are $1.80 to $2.00 per hour with a $10 all day rate.